The City of Kimberly has an immediate opening for the Planning and Zoning Commission Board.
Responsibilities of the Planning and Zoning Commission include the review of:
1. The protection of property rights and property values.
2. Public facilities and service costs.
3. The effect on the economy of the city of Kimberly, Idaho.
4. Environmental considerations.
5. Effects on prime agricultural, forestry and mining lands.
6. Organized and planned urban development within the city of Kimberly, Idaho.
7. The avoidance of undue concentration of population and overcrowding of land.
8. Land development compatible with land characteristics.
9. The protection of life and property in areas subject to natural hazards and disasters.
10. The protection of fish, wildlife, and recreational resources.
11. The avoidance of water and air pollution.
Membership and Term: Each member must have resided in the county for two (2) years and must be a resident of the city prior to his appointment, and must remain a resident of the city during his service on the commission. The term of office for members shall be six (6) years.
Duties Of Commission: Consistent with the purposes of the commission hereinabove set forth, the commission shall have the following duties together with such other duties as are prescribed by law:
1. Initiate proposed amendments to this title and conduct a biennial review of the complete zoning ordinance.
2. Review all proposed amendments to this title and make recommendations to the council.
3. Conduct a comprehensive planning process designed to prepare, implement, and review and update a comprehensive plan as required by law.
4. Review all districts, subdistricts and overlay districts and make recommendations to the council.
5. Grant special use permits as specified in this title and under the conditions as herein specified with such additional safeguards as will uphold the intent of this title.
6. Hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is an error in any order, requirement, decision, interpretation or determination made by the administrator.
7. Authorize such variances from the terms of this title as will not be contrary to the public interest where, owing to special conditions, a literal enforcement of this title will result in unnecessary hardship, and so that the spirit of this title shall be observed and substantial justice done.
8. Review the city zoning ordinance and any related ordinance and issue an annual report to the city council detailing any necessary changes to said ordinances. Such a report shall be made annually, or such lesser time as the commission desires.
If interested please contact City Hall (208)423-4151 to get an application.