This is the school that stood where the city park is now located. It was occupied in the fall of 1908 and encompassed all grades. The first class to graduate was in 1915 with seven graduates. The building was torn down in 1954. The first school only went to the eighth grade and was taught in a two room frame building supervised by the town's first teacher, Miss Nettie Durphy.