This building on the corner of Center and Main Street burned on December 31, 1915 due to a waste basket left too close to the furnace. It was promptly rebuilt. The original building had been built by W.H. Turner in 1910. A City Fire Department other than the Bucket Barricade did not exist legally until Ordinance No. 70 was passed on December 2, 1937.