Pet Licensing & Permits

Residential Licenses

Pet owners in Kimberly are required by ordinance to have their pet licensed. The licenses are available for purchase at City Hall.

Only 2 dogs per household.

The pet owner must provide proof of rabies vaccination and purchase a yearly license. The license shall commence on February 1st and terminating on January 31st of the following year.

Annual Fee:

Dogs(Spayed/Nuetered) $5.00 per dog

Dogs(Non-Spayed/Nuetered) $10.00 per dog

Late Fee:

Dogs (Spayed/Nuetered) $10.00 per dog-After February 28th

Dogs (Non-Spayed/Nuetered) $20.00 per dog-After February 28th

Keeping of Livestock and Fowl (6.04.020)

 A Special Animal Permit is required if you would like to keep or maintain within city limits any cattle, horses, sheep, goats, rabbits, or fowl. No pigs, hogs, mules, donkeys or birds of prey are allowed within city limits. You must have at least a half (1/2) acre of property per animal and the location of the animal must be at least twenty-five (25') feet away from any other building with the exception of your own. The following are the permit fees:

  • Fowl $10.00 per 10
  • Cattle $5.00 each
  • Horse $5.00 each
  • Sheep $5.00 each
  • Goat $5.00 each
  • Rabbits $5.00 each

Renewals for animal permits are due yearly by February 1st.

It is unlawful for any person to keep or maintain any pigs, hogs, mules, donkeys or birds of prey within the limits of the city.

Roosters, geese, emus, ostrich, peafowl, guinea fowl and similar fowl that create load repetitive noises are prohibited within city limits. (6.04.030)