Click to Home
Go To Search
Click to Home
Email pagePrint page
First Churches
Kimberly Churches

Located at the Southwest corner of Ash and Adams street was the Kimberly's first church.  This lot along with the Methodist, LDS, and Christian Church were donated by Peter Kimberly.  A school house was first built here.  The first church services were held in the school with the Protestant denomination meeting in the morning and the LDS members meeting in the evening.

In the Fall of 1907 the church in this picture was begun.  The school was moved and was now called the "Community Church".  The Methodist Church was built in 1908, Christian Church was built in 1910, and the Church of the Nazarene was built in 1931.   The Kimberly Ward Church was from 1909-1951.  The school building was relocated North of Stowe's Drug Store and it later burned.
 First Church



City of Kimberly • 242 Highway 30 East • Kimberly, ID 83341 • (208) 423-4151 • www.cityofkimberly.org
Home Home  |  Email Page Email Page  | Print Page Print  |  Calendar  |  FAQs  |  Contact Us  |  Accessibility  |  Site Map |  Renewable Energy Windpowered | Powered by CivicPlus  | Copyright Notices