Click to Home
Go To Search
Click to Home
Email pagePrint page
Chlorine

Overview
A bleach like or swimming pool like taste and odor is most likely due to chlorine. The Kimberly Public Works Department adds chlorine to the water to kill bacteria or other harmful micro-organisms. The chlorine also protects the water from bacteria as it is piped to homes and businesses in our community.

Chlorine Removal Tips
Some people dislike the smell and taste of chlorine. The following are tips on how to remove the chlorine taste and odor from the water:

  • Use an in-home filter with activated carbon. The chlorine will attach to the activated carbon and stay in the filter. Over time, however, the activated carbon will adsorb as much chlorine as it can and will need to be replaced.
  • Store water in the refrigerator. The chlorine dissipates over time and the water stored in the refrigerator also gets colder than what comes from the tap.

Additional Information
For more information, please contact City Hall at (208) 423-4151.


City of Kimberly • 242 Highway 30 East • Kimberly, ID 83341 • (208) 423-4151 • www.cityofkimberly.org
Home Home  |  Email Page Email Page  | Print Page Print  |  Calendar  |  FAQs  |  Contact Us  |  Accessibility  |  Site Map |  Renewable Energy Windpowered | Powered by CivicPlus  | Copyright Notices