City Treasurer is appointed by the Mayor and City Council.
Responsibilities of City Treasurer
- Custodian of city revenues, which must be kept at the official place(s) of deposit as provided by ordinance.
- Investment of city funds upon resolution of the Council
- Investments of sinking funds in excess of the amount required to pay bonds maturing with the current year
- Keeping a separate account of each fund or appropriation showing the debits and credits belonging to each.
- Signing or authorizing checks, along with the Mayor, issued by the city to pay for goods or services.
- Monthly report to the City Council on the city's financial situation, including a statement of all receipts and disbursements, and all warrants redeemed.
- Publication of quarterly financial statements
- Coordinating the City's financial audit
- Keeping a record of all outstanding bonds, showing the number and amount of each and to whom the bonds were issued, bonds purchased, paid, or canceled; and registering the principal amount of bonds at the request of any bondholder.
- Filing a list of all bonds issued with the country recorder's office within 30 days after sale or delivery.
- Supervising billing and administration of local improvement districts.
- Collecting special assessments